Software Development Team
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE
), empowers knowledge and technology transfer in the region. RISE is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
RISE, as a centre of excellence, cultivates a culture of innovation and creativity in an inspiring environment filled with academics, researchers, creative and onward-looking people, innovators, entrepreneurs and practitioners. The centre operates under the moto “Inspired by Humans Designed for Humans” with the vision to produce world class research that drives innovation towards social and economic benefit while conducting excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence.
Software Development Team
The Centre is building a team of Software Developers to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The Software Development Team will play an integral role in transforming our research outputs to market-ready solutions and together with our researchers will be a vital part of the knowledge-transfer initiatives of RISE.
We are looking for passionate individuals who will embrace our mission and values and work together as a team to produce innovative solutions. As part of the Software Development Team, you will have the opportunity to:
- work on a variety of projects involving internal and external stakeholders helping them turn their vision into real-world applications
- use multiple state-of-the-art technologies
- be part of a continuous learning environment that will allow you to challenge yourself and grow as a professional and capitalize on your expertise
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Self-motivated, autonomous and responsible in making design and development decisions
- Comfortable working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Resourceful in finding the data and tools needed to get the job done
- Proactive in exploring how research work can be turned into prototypes and products
- Curious and driven to explore new technologies and learn new skills to continuously improve the way we operate
- Solid work ethics, passion for innovation, and scientifically open-minded
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience. Membership to RISE Medical & Provident Fund Scheme. Flexible and friendly work environment with opportunities for professional and personal development.
Currently we are looking to fill the following positions. Click on the specific position you are interested in to find out how to apply:
- DevOps Engineer (Full-time)
- Full-Stack Developer (Full-time)
- Front-End Developer (Full-time)
- Graphics Programmer (Full-time)
- Security and Privacy engineer/developer (Full or Part-time)
- 3D Modeler (Full or Part-time)
Application Deadline: Friday, June 26, 2020