Security & Privacy Engineer/Developer
The Centre is building a team of Software Developers to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The Software Development Team will play an integral role in transforming our research outputs to market-ready solutions and together with our researchers will be a vital part of the knowledge-transfer initiatives of RISE. The Security & Privacy Engineer/Developer will be part of the Software Development Team of RISE.
Main Responsibilities of Security & Privacy Engineer/Developer
- Implement, test and operate advanced software security techniques in compliance with technical reference architecture
- Perform on-going security testing and code review to improve software security
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise
- Design and implement application security and privacy features in cloud environments
- Build cloud-ready, robust, and scalable application security solutions
- Provide a high-level assessment of our services’ security posture
- Consult team members and organization researchers on secure coding practices
- Ensure privacy policies are correctly implemented and solutions are compliant with established regulations
- Work to align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles
- Interact with team, customers, and users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
- Use data anonymization, pseudonymization and encryption to develop systems that preserve and improve privacy protections
Desired Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or related fields
- Master’s degree in the fields of Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or other related disciplines considered an advantage
- Exposure to Security Engineering and Secure Development (static analysis, SDL) considered an advantage
- Experience in applications security, cryptography, network security, systems security or malware analysis considered an advantage
- Understanding of networking principles and application behaviors, including application-defined networking considered an advantage
- Data literacy: finding and managing data, cleansing data, manipulating data
- Professional certification in areas related such as CCNA Security, COMPTIA Security +, SSCP, CEH, or equivalent will be considered an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English
For full consideration, interested candidates should submit the following via email to email@example.com
and use the Email subject line “Application: SD-SP-01: Security & Privacy Engineer/Developer”
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full-time employment
- Full CV (including contact details)
- Optional - Code Repository, Portfolio (in pdf format or website) or any other proof of work experience for the position
- Contact details of two professional referees. Referees will be contacted only for shortlisted candidates.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 26, 2020.
In case you previously applied for a post at RISE, a new application is required.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org
For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
For additional information about the Software Development Team and Benefits of the position please click here.