The Centre is building a team of Software Developers to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The Software Development Team will play an integral role in transforming our research outputs to market-ready solutions and together with our researchers will be a vital part of the knowledge-transfer initiatives of RISE. The Graphics Programmer will be part of the Software Development Team of RISE.
Main Responsibilities of Graphics Programmer
- Follow design specifications to develop, test, debug, install, document, and maintain new software applications
- Follow design specifications to develop new and enhanced functionality for existing software applications
- Prepare code and documentation in support of program development
- Provide graphics programming support to research teams
- Build VR features for a range of uses
- Author new shaders and effects
- Collaborate with 3D-artists on graphics techniques
Desired Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, interactive multimedia or engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree considered an advantage
- Minimum 1 year of work experience as a Game or Graphics Programmer is a must
- Professional experience in programming C/C++ and C#
- Background in object-oriented design and software engineering methodologies
- Experience developing applications in Unity3D, Unreal or similar engines
- Experience in developing VR applications and working with VR headsets (e.g., Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, etc.) will be considered a plus
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Understanding of graphics pipeline
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English
Experience with GPU-accelerated programming, e.g. CUDA
For full consideration, interested candidates should submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and use the Email subject line “Application: SD-GP-01: Graphics Programmer”
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full-time employment
- Full CV (including contact details)
- Optional - Code Repository, Portfolio (in pdf format or website) or any other proof of work experience for the position
- Contact details of two professional referees. Referees will be contacted only for shortlisted candidates
Application Deadline: Friday, June 26, 2020.
In case you previously applied for a post at RISE, a new application is required.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at email@example.com
For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
For additional information about the Software Development Team and Benefits of the position please click here.