The Centre is building a team of Software Developers to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The Software Development Team will play an integral role in transforming our research outputs to market-ready solutions and together with our researchers will be a vital part of the knowledge-transfer initiatives of RISE. The Front-end Developer will be part of the Software Development Team of RISE.
Main Responsibilities of Front-end Developer
- Design, develop, and maintain websites according to responsive design standards
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Design mobile-based features
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Write functional requirements documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Produce reliable, testable coding using a disciplined development approach
- Work with graphic designers and convert designs to visual elements
Desired Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant field or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in the above considered an advantage
- 1-5 years of professional experience as a Software Developer or similar role
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Mobile development skills (Android and iOS) is a must
- Familiarity with Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Experience communicating with secure JSON-based REST APIs
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
- Knowledge of design and UX principles for web-based interfaces
- Work efficiently with version control, workflows (git/gitlab)
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English
For full consideration, interested candidates should submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and use the Email subject line “Application: SD-FE-01: Front-end Developer”
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full-time employment
- Full CV (including contact details)
- Optional - Code Repository, Portfolio (in pdf format or website) or any other proof of work experience for the position
- Contact details of two professional referees. Referees will be contacted only for shortlisted candidates
Application Deadline: Friday, June 26, 2020.
In case you previously applied for a post at RISE, a new application is required.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at email@example.com
For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
For additional information about the Software Development Team and Benefits of the position please click here.