The Centre is building a team of Software Developers to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The Software Development Team will play an integral role in transforming our research outputs to market-ready solutions and together with our researchers will be a vital part of the knowledge-transfer initiatives of RISE. The Dev-Ops Engineer will be part of the Software Development Team of RISE.
Main Responsibilities of Dev-Ops Engineer
- Employ DevOps tools to improve the Software Development team’s production
- Guide the Software Development team through the process of designing and writing a dependable codebase
- Design and implement strategic processes that elevate our organization to resounding success
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the Software Development team to streamline code deployment
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Collaborate with the other team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security
- Optimize the company’s computing architecture
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation
- Communicate progress and issues through regular Status Reports
Desired Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering considered an advantage
- 2+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role
- Understanding of software development methodology, agile practices, and the full range of tools that modern software developers use
- Proven experience working in a Linux-based environment
- Experience building solutions with AWS, GCE, Azure
- Working knowledge of Ruby or Python and known DevOps tools like Git and GitHub
- Knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes/Openshift
- Strong command of software-automation production systems (Jenkins, etc.)
- Expertise in code deployment tools (such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, and Chef)
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring
- Work efficiently with version control, workflows (git/gitlab)
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English
For full consideration, interested candidates should submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and use the Email subject line “Application: SD-DO-01: Dev-Ops Engineer”
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full-time employment
- Full CV (including contact details)
- Optional - Code Repository, Portfolio (in pdf format or website) or any other proof of work experience for the position
- Contact details of two professional referees. Referees will be contacted only for shortlisted candidates
Application Deadline: Friday, June 26, 2020.
In case you previously applied for a post at RISE, a new application is required.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at email@example.com
For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
For additional information about the Software Development Team and Benefits of the position please click here.