The Centre is building a team of Software Developers to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The Software Development Team will play an integral role in transforming our research outputs to market-ready solutions and together with our researchers will be a vital part of the knowledge-transfer initiatives of RISE. The 3D Modeler will be part of the Software Development Team of RISE.
Main Responsibilities of 3D Modeler
- Create virtual worlds and characters by breathing life into sketches and concept art
- Create and manage digital assets
- Follow design guidelines, asset naming conventions and other technical constraints
- Prototype and iterate on models and characters based on feedback from the team users and customers
- Create textures and UV maps
- Optimize, refine and correct model geometry
- Tig models and characters for animation
- Work with the software developer team and researchers to execute projects according to plan
Desired Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of experiences in 3D design and modeling
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, 3D modeling, 3D Animation, 3D Graphics design or any related field
- Expert level knowledge of 3D design and animation tools
- Extensive knowledge of character design, rigging, skinning etc.
- An eye for detail and good visualization skills
- Familiarity with animation techniques
- Scripting and/or programming (Python/PyMFL, C/C++) experience will be considered an advantage
- Understanding of AR/VR concepts and applications
- Experience in video and sound editing
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English
For full consideration, interested candidates should submit the following items via email to email@example.com and use the Email subject line “Application: SD-3D-01: 3D Modeler”
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full-time employment
- Full CV (including contact details)
- Optional – Code Repository, Portfolio (in pdf format or website) or any other proof of work experience for the position
- Contact details of two professional referees. Referees will be contacted only for shortlisted candidates.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 26, 2020.
In case you previously applied for a post at RISE, a new application is required.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org
For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
For additional information about the Software Development Team and Benefits of the position please click here.