Research Associate/Software Developer Position: Deep Camera Research Group
Contract Type: Fixed-term contract. Initial one-year employment contract with the possibility for renewal. Includes a very attractive remuneration package according to qualifications and experience.
Preferred Start Date: May 2020 (or, as soon as possible thereafter)
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus. The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
DeepCamera Research Group
The group’s target research focuses on the improvement of all the aspects of the modern imaging/video pipeline, i.e., acquisition, storage, manipulation and visualization, as well as its applications, investigation of innovative computer vision applications to real-world problems.
The successful candidate will be part of the DeepCamera Research Group and will conduct applied research by developing the next generation of computer vision applications, imaging and video pipeline that will be integrated into the new concept of DeepCamera.
The position holder will also have the opportunity to participate in the preparation of research proposals for funding, project reports and deliverables, and travel abroad for dissemination activities. Furthermore, the position holder will have the opportunity to publish/present their research results in prestigious international conferences and journals and contribute to the research centre’s key performance indicators. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Team Leader of the DeepCamera Research Group Dr Alessandro Artusi.
- MSc degree required in a relevant field (computer engineering, computer science, image processing, computer vision, computer graphics etc.). Exceptional candidates holding a BSc may also be considered.
- Experience in Image Processing and/or Computer Vision and/or Computer Graphics
- Strong computer programming skills (e.g. C/C++, Pyhton, Matlab)
- Knowledge of Deep-learning and usage of one of the existing Deep-learning environments (e.g. Keras, Tensorflow, Pytorch etc.)
- High-impact research publications on relevant topics (a must for PhD holders/an advantage for non-PhD holders)
- Previous experience with embedded systems, i.e., Jetson Nvidia module, is considered an advantage
- Previous relevant industrial experience will be considered an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English language
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates according to qualifications and experience, including membership to the RISE Employee Medical Scheme and RISE Provident Fund.
Interested candidates should submit
the following items via email
and use the Email subject line
: "RA Software Developer DeepCamera"
1. A cover letter which clearly specifies (i) employment availability date, (ii) part-time and/or full-time availability and (iii) rationale on why you think you would be a good fit for the DeepCamera Research Group.
2. Description of their research experiences as well as any relevant industrial experience (500 words maximum)
3. A detailed CV
4. Copies of degree certificates (BSc/MSc/PhD)
5. Two representative publications (if applicable)
6. Contact details of two referees, either two University professors or one University professor and one industry referee.
Note that if you previously applied for a post at RISE, a new application is required.
Deadline: Position open until filled.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at email@example.com
The applicants may address any technical or research related inquiries to the DeepCamera Group team leader Dr Alessandro Artusi
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.