Research Associate(s) for “DeepCamera” Multidisciplinary Research Group (MRG)
Category: An initial one-year employment contract will be offered with the possibility for renewal (up to three years in total, including the first year), includes a very attractive remuneration package according to qualifications and experience
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The DeepCamera MRG is working on innovative, efficient and resilient deep-learning based imaging/video and computer vision pipeline/applications tackling the existing drawbacks in all the pipeline stages, e.g., acquisition, encoding/decoding, manipulation/visualization and evaluation.
We are looking for 1 PostDoc and 1 MSc with expertise in the aforementioned areas. He/She will undertake the investigation for the improvement of all the aspects of the modern imaging/video pipeline as well as its applications, investigation of innovative computer vision applications to solve real-world problems.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to conduct applied research in the aforementioned areas. The position holder will also participate in the preparation of research proposals for funding, project reports and deliverables, and travel abroad for dissemination activities. Furthermore, position holders should publish/present their research results in prestigious international conferences and journals and contribute to the research centre’s key performance indicators. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Team Leader of the DeepCamera MRG Dr Alessandro Artusi.
- PhD/MSc degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics) from an accredited institution
- Strong computer programming skills (e.g. C/C++, Python, Matlab) is a must
- Knowledge of Deep-learning and usage of one of the existing Deep-learning environments (e.g. Keras, Tensorflow, Pytorch etc.) is a must
- High-impact research publications on relevant topics is a must
- Previous experience with embedded systems, i.e., Jetson Nvidia module, is considered an advantage
- Previous grant-writing experience is considered an advantage
- Previous relevant industrial experience in deploying sw products will be considered an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English language
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
Benefits A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and use the Email subject line: "Application: Research Associate(s) DeepCamera"
1. A cover letter which clearly specifies (i) employment availability date and (ii) rationale on why you think you would be a good fit for the position within the DeepCamera MRG
2. Description of their academic and research experiences as well as any relevant industrial experience where applicable (500 words maximum)
3. A detailed CV
4. Copies of degree certificates
5. Two representative publications
6. Contact details of two referees, either two University professors or one University professor and one industry referee.
Note that if you previously applied for a post at RISE, a new application is required.
Deadline: Position open until filled.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at email@example.com
The applicants may address any technical or research related inquiries to the DeepCamera MRG team leader Dr Alessandro Artusi at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.