Preferred Start Date:
Between Dec 2020 – Jan 2021
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD (www.rise.org.cy)
is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE LTD is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck Institute, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre is seeking an IT Manager
to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The IT Manager will play an important role in ensuring the smooth running of the computer-related activities of the Centre.
RISE LTD is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage information technology and computer systems supporting the Centre’s operations
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate IT systems, policies and procedures
- Plan, design and implement IT projects providing needed documentation and coordinating with the relevant teams to ensure the delivery of high-end secure systems
- Manage and support cluster-HPC systems
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Ensure security of data, network availability and access and backup systems
- Lead, train, develop, appraise and manage the IT team and be the responsible person for all purchasing order and approval of IT-related requests
- Manage and oversee the installation and maintenance of the Centre’s hardware and software and propose recommendations to optimise their use
- Manage and maintain interactions with service providers ensuring they provide the required level of service as per the agreements
- Work with deadlines for major projects of migrations and upgrades
- Identify problematic areas and implement timely strategic solutions
- Preserve assets, information and data security and control structures
- Plan and develop the training of the research personnel for the optimal use of resources
- Handle annual IT budget and ensure cost effectiveness
Desired qualifications & requirements
- University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field
- Master’s degree will be considered an advantage
- A minimum of 7-8 years proven working experience as an IT manager
- Proven practical experience in CCNA
- Holder of qualifications such as ITIL, CEH, MCSA, CISM will be considered an advantage
- Project management certificate (e.g. PRINCE2) will be considered an advantage
- Experience in design and implementation of cluster-HPC systems will be considered an advantage
- Experience of Linux Management
- Deep understanding of open source frameworks and protocols from databases, networking, high-performance computing, data storage and intranet.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Experience with cloud computing monitoring, scheduling and management systems
- Expertise in data centre management, data security and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Fluent in English and Greek (written and spoken)
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Dynamic, adaptable, hands-on and results driven
- A team player with an ability to work independently and under pressure
- High levels of commitment, energy and drive
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will required
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast- growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
For full consideration interested applicants should submit the following items via email to email@example.com
and use the email subject line: “Application: IT Manager”:
- Full CV (including contact details)
- Cover letter which clearly states: (a) how you envision your role, (b) how your experience and qualifications match the specific position, and (c) the availability date for full-time employment
Application deadline: 6th December, 2020
In case you previously applied for a post at RISE, a new application is required.
For general enquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.