The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE (www.rise.org.cy), empowers knowledge and technology transfer in the region. RISE is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
RISE, as a centre of excellence, cultivates a culture of innovation and creativity in an inspiring environment filled with academics, researchers, creative and onward-looking people, innovators, entrepreneurs and practitioners. The centre operates under the moto “Inspired by Humans Designed for Humans” with the vision to produce world class research that drives innovation towards social and economic benefit while conducting excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence.
The Centre is seeking an HR Manager to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. The HR Manager will ensure the smooth-running of the office, working one-on-one with members of the Executive Team, as well as on a wider basis with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide strategic and operational HR leadership for RISE and advise the Executive Team on any HR-related issues
- Ensure proper implementation of the HR strategy and objectives; review and update the strategy as needed in line with company’s goals and targets; generate reports, conduct analysis, and provide insights
- The development and delivery of HR processes and systems
- Support the people management functions that underpin the business, namely: employee relations; compensation and benefits; reward; recruitment; talent management; training and development; and performance management
- Support and lead well-being, learning and development activities
- Support and lead internal communication executions
- Establish and maintain company benefits schemes
Desired qualifications & requirements
- University Degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Master’s degree will be considered an advantage
- At least 4 years of experience in a fully-functional HR Generalist role
- Practical knowledge in the areas of the employee life cycle
- Demonstrated success in driving projects forward successfully to completion
- Up to date on relevant Cyprus Law and Legislation
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic, changing environment
- Fluent in English and Greek (written and spoken)
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Team player and ready to play a role in various tasks
- Adaptability, strong attention to detail, good organization and planning skills
- Trustworthy and committed
- Self-motivated to achieve targets
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast-growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Center of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience. Membership to the RISE Provident Fund.
For full consideration
, interested candidates should submit the following items via email to email@example.com
and use the Email subject line: "Application: HR Manager"
- Cover letter which highlights your relevant HR experience and clearly specifies availability date for full time employment
- Full CV (including personal contact details)
Note that if you previously applied for a post at RISE, a new application is required.
Application Deadline: Friday, August 7th, 2020
Preferred Employment Start Date:
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the office of Human Resources of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org
For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.