04 May. 2020
RISE and UCL - Industry Exchange Network
RISE and UCL strengthen their collaboration through the Industry Exchange Network (IXN) partnership program. Now in its sixth year, UCL’s IXN continues to match real-world clients and their problems with UCL Computer Science students, from BSc (Hons) 1st year level through the MSc level.
This year two teams from UCL have collaborated with RISE as their industry partner to enhance their degree training in a wide variety of real-world problem-solving projects as part of their courses. On behalf of RISE Dr Harris Partaourides and Dr Zenonas Theodosiou from the BIO-SCENT
(Biometrics for Smart Human-centred Emerging Technologies) Multidisciplinary research group were involved in the collaboration.
In the duration of the course the teams developed software applications from conception to implementation. The first team took the challenging task of emotion recognition in audio data and the second team took upon the task of voice verification.
During the collaboration, the teams have:
- Studied the current trends in their domain
- Prepared a mock-up application to depict the software functionality
- Developed models for emotion recognition and voice verification respectively
- Trained models with publicly available datasets
- Developed the full software solution
- Presented their software solution