Deadline: 03 May. 2019
Location: RISE, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time physical presence
Position: Technology Transfer Manager
Category: Full-time employment
Location: Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Nicosia, Cyprus
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre will conduct excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE will also engage in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre is seeking a Technology Transfer Manager to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals for full-time employment at the premises of the Centre in Nicosia, Cyprus.
The Technology Transfer Manager will be responsible for the identification and commercialization of intellectual property (IP) arising from RISE research. He/she will advise on commercial issues in research contracts, identify and protect IP, and take a lead role in commercializing the IP though licensing and/or the creation of start-up companies.
RISE is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Main responsibilities include:
Qualifications & Requirements
- Work closely with RISE Research team and monitor ongoing research for early identification of intellectual property arising from RISE research projects;
- Develop and advise on optimum protection and commercialisation strategies;
- Build market knowledge and a high level of understanding of relevant market sectors;
- Implement commercial strategies including negotiating licence agreements, establishing start-up companies and advise promoters of such new ventures;
- Promote awareness of the importance of IP and other commercial issues in RISE research;
- Ensure communication with both active and passive partners of the centre, ensuring that they are aware of outputs and new opportunities;
- Work with researchers when developing research partnerships to ensure collaboration agreements properly consider Intellectual Property Rights.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Graduate studies in Business Management. Research qualification in relevant technical areas related to RISE or an MBA will be considered an advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years of appropriate and relevant work;
- Knowledge of IP protection, IP rights law, and IP policy in Cyprus and the EU;
- Ability to assimilate and understand scientific and technological issues;
- Ability to identify and assess opportunities for commercialisation and networking with academics and industrialists to realise those opportunities;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Team player and ready to play a role in various tasks
- Adaptability, strong attention to detail, good organization and planning skills
- Trustworthy and committed
- Self-motivated to achieve targets
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast-growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Center of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is the 3rd of May 2019.
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full time employment.
- Full CV (including personal contact details).
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the Senior HR Business Partner of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at email@example.com