Deadline: 03 May. 2019
Location: RISE, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time physical presence
Position: Partnerships Manager
Category: Full-time employment
Location: Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Nicosia, Cyprus
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre will conduct excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE will also engage in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre is seeking a Partnerships Manager to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals for full-time employment at the premises of the Centre in Nicosia, Cyprus.
The Partnerships Manager will be responsible for:
(a) the development of partnerships and networks between RISE and external organizations (including commercial and governmental). Partnerships will be at both strategic and individual research levels. Partnerships will crucially be in accordance with the objectives and strategic goals of RISE.
(b) the management of innovation and knowledge exchange activities with members of this network.
RISE is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Main responsibilities include:
Qualifications & Requirements
- Identify and build relationships with prospective and current partner companies and organizations from Cyprus, Europe and abroad that are likely to form win-win partnerships with RISE;
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with members of the RISE research community and RISE partners, identifying partnerships that can best facilitate research interests and goals;
- Build revenue with partners through collaboration with RISE business line leads;
- Serve as a liaison between RISE and partners to ensure customer success from partnership concept, to development to implementation;
- Collaborate with other members of the RISE Innovation and Research teams providing solutions to the challenges of partners;
- Forecast, measure, and report the results of various projects with partners;
- Maintain great ongoing relationships with current partners and offer new ways to grow the partnership.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- BA/BS in Business Administration or Marketing or Communication or similar relevant field or a degree in a RISE-relevant scientific discipline with work experience in partnership activities;
- At least 3 years of previous working experience as a Partnerships Manager or Account Manager or Client Manager or relevant position;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Networking aptitude;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Team player and ready to play a role in various tasks
- Adaptability, strong attention to detail, good organization and planning skills
- Trustworthy and committed
- Self-motivated to achieve targets
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast-growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Center of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is the 3rd of May 2019.
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full time employment.
- Full CV (including personal contact details).
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the Senior HR Business Partner of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at email@example.com