Deadline: 13 May. 2019
Location: RISE, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time Employment
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE LTD is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck Institute, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre is seeking a Marketing Officer to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. He/she will contribute to the development, implementation and management of marketing, innovation, and portfolio activities, working one-on-one with members of the Executive Team, as well as on a wider basis with internal and external stakeholders.
RISE LTD is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Desired qualifications & requirements
- Participate in the preparation, planning, and full execution of the strategic marketing plans for the company including advertising, promotion, and sales activities intended for our target groups/stakeholders;
- Keep abreast of market trends and conditions and provide relevant recommendations;
- Plan and execute the Social Media content strategy of the company as well as update content on a regular basis;
- Develop the company’s marketing database and manage the CRM’s marketing module;
- Organize and manage campaigns, events, and conferences, as well as ensure leads are correctly charged in the CRM and monitored by the Innovation Team;
- Maintain and expand relationships with existing and new associates/clients/partners;
- Assess the impact of the initiatives performed, and generate reports on the KPIs concerned;
- Update and present the Company’s compelling story as we grow stakeholders;
- See all ventures through to completion and evaluate their success using various metrics;
- Prepare content for the publication of marketing material and oversee distribution;
- Conduct market research to identify opportunities for promotion and growth;
- Collaborate with company managers in preparing budgets and monitoring expenses.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- University Degree in Marketing or a related field;
- Master’s degree in Marketing will be considered an advantage;
- Solid knowledge of marketing techniques and principles;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience serving in university, industry, and/or professional institutions is a must;
- Excellent copywriting skills (traditional, digital, social);
- Thorough understanding of social media and web analytics;
- Experience in content creation, media planning and reputation management;
- Good understanding of market research techniques, statistical and data analysis methods;
- Computer literate -
- Avid interest in Interactive Media and ICT technologies considered a real asset;
- Fluent in English and Greek (written and spoken); knowledge of Turkish will be considered an advantage;
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Team player and ready to play a role in various tasks
- Adaptability, strong attention to detail, good organization and planning skills
- Trustworthy and committed
- Self-motivated to achieve targets
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast-growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is the 13th of May 2019.
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full time employment.
- Full CV (including personal contact details).
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.