Deadline: 13 May. 2019
Location: RISE, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time Employment
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE LTD is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre will conduct excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the area s of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE LTD will also engage in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer/Software Developer to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals for full-time employment at the premises of the Centre in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE LTD is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Main responsibilities include:
Desired qualifications & requirements
- Work with multidisciplinary research teams to identify and define innovation opportunities;
- Actively participate in developing strategy around which frameworks, technologies and infrastructure the teams should use for machine learning (ML)-related work;
- Build proof-of-concepts and prototypes that can be used to demonstrate the impact of research in real-world settings;
- In collaboration with existing research teams, build a set of reusable models/solutions for rapid prototyping;
- Lead development efforts to bring machine learning algorithms into production systems;
- Lead development, monitoring, and maintenance of complex data pipelines to support production systems.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering discipline, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree considered an advantage;
- Minimum 2 years of work/educational experience in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a must;
- Experience with two or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, Python, Scala, or R;
- Experience with one or more of the following: natural language processing, sentiment analysis, classification, pattern recognition, reinforcement learning, deep learning;
- Development experience with AI frameworks such as TensorFlow, Microsoft CNTK, scikit, Keras, Caffe, Gluon, Torch, SageMaker, Azure AI;
- Experience and familiarity presenting to technical audiences, and helping them identify the right solution among available choices;
- Strong software engineering skills, and ability to work with both researchers/scientists and other software engineers;
- Understanding of software development methodology, agile practices, and the full range of tools that modern software developers use;
- Strong knowledge of production data pipelines supporting prescriptive and generative modeling techniques;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of machine learning pipelines from standardization, normalization, clustering, modeling, scoring, and validation;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- For non EU applicants a work permit will be required.
- Self-motivated, autonomous and responsible in making design and development choices
- Able to work well with teams with diverse skills (including ones with minimal ML knowledge)
- Resourceful in finding the data and tools needed to get the job done
- Proactive in exploring how research work can be turned into prototypes and products
- Solid work ethics, passion for innovation, and scientifically open-minded
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast-growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is the 13th of May 2019.
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full time employment.
- Full CV (including personal contact details).
- Contact details of two referees.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.