Deadline: 10 August. 2019
Location: Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time employment
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE LTD is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck Institute, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre is seeking an Innovation Officer to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. She/he will play an important role in ensuring the smooth running of the Centre’s Innovation Department.
RISE LTD is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Main responsibilities include:
Desired qualifications & requirements
- Support all activities of the Innovation Department of the Centre
- Support the organizational, monitoring, and administrative tasks related to the various innovation initiatives like partnership- and industry relation activities, Innovation Cluster, CRM and Research & Innovation Activities Management System, preparation of EU calls and industry grants and tenders, networking support and collaboration with Advanced Partners, etc.
- Be involved in other operational and innovation activities as determined by the Chief Innovation Officer as well as support and collaborate with the rest of the Innovation team
- Coordinate and monitor proper utilisation of the Centre’s CRM and Research & Innovation Activities Management System for Innovation Department-related operations
- Assist the Innovation team on day to day activities including the preparation, coordination and management of meetings, presentations, events and other scheduled tasks
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Master’s degree in a related field (business management or technology)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of appropriate and relevant work
- Fluent in Greek and English (written and spoken)
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Reliable with patience and professionalism
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Trustworthy and committed
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast-growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is the 10th of August 2019.
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full-time employment.
- Full CV (including contact details).
- Contact details of two referees.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.