Deadline: 13 May. 2019
Location: RISE, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time Employment
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE LTD is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre will conduct excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the area of interactive media delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE LTD will also engage in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre is seeking a Graphics Engineer/Programmer to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals for full-time employment at the premises of the Centre in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE LTD is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Main responsibilities include:
Desired qualifications & requirements
- Follow design specifications to develop, test, debug, install, document, and maintain new software applications;
- Follow design specifications to develop new and enhanced functionality for existing software applications;
- Prepare code and documentation in support of program development;
- Provide graphics programming support to research teams;
- Build VR features for a range of uses;
- Collaborate with 3D-artists on graphics techniques,
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, interactive multimedia or engineering discipline, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree considered an advantage;
- Minimum 1 year of work experience as a Game or Graphics Programmer is a must;
- Professional experience in programming C/C++ and C#;
- Background in object-oriented design and software engineering methodologies;
- Experience developing applications in Unity3D;
- Experience in developing VR applications and working with VR headsets, e.g. Oculus Rift, HTC Vive etc, will be considered a plus;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools;
- Understanding of graphics pipeline;
- Ability to troubleshoot;
- Write clean, maintainable and portable code;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- For non EU applicants a work permit will be required.
- Self-motivated, autonomous and responsible in making design and development choices
- Able to work well with teams with diverse skills (including ones with minimal programming and graphics principles)
- Resourceful in finding the data and tools needed to get the job done
- Proactive in exploring how research work can be turned into prototypes and products
- Solid work ethics, passion for innovation, and scientifically open-minded
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast-growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is the 13th of May 2019.
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full time employment.
- Full CV (including personal contact details).
- Contact details of two referees.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.