Deadline: 01 August. 2019
Location: Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time employment
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE LTD is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre is seeking a Full-Stack Software Developer to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. She/he will play an important role in ensuring the Centre has the necessary in-house developer expertise supporting RISE’s research and industry related projects as well as realize proof-of-concept scenarios and prototype implementation.
RISE is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Main responsibilities include:
Desired qualifications & requirements
- Design overall architecture of the applications
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the Software Development team to design and launch new features
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Understand and implement security and data protection
- Work with multidisciplinary teams of researchers to design and implement solutions in the context of Interactive Media and Smart Systems
- Build proof-of-concepts and prototypes to demonstrate the validity of proposed research and designed solutions
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant field or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in the above considered an advantage
- 2-5 years of professional experience as a Software Developer or similar role
- Proficiency in any Server Side language (C#, Java, Ruby, Python)
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL Databases (familiarity with Redis, RabbitMQ/Kafka, Elasticsearch considered an advantage)
- Mobile development skills (Android and iOS) considered a plus
- Experience building solutions with AWS, GCE, Azure, etc. is a plus
- Experience building elastic, scalable APIs / microservices is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English
- Good presentation skills
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required
- A strong sense of product ownership, thriving in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Understanding the value of shipping quickly and of software craftsmanship and have the judgment to know when to apply each
- Self-motivated, autonomous and responsible in making design and development choices
- Able to work well with teams with diverse skills
- Resourceful in finding the data and tools needed to get the job done
- Proactive in exploring how research work can be turned into prototypes and products
- Be curious and driven to explore new technologies and learn new skills to continuously improve the way we operate
- Solid work ethics, passion for innovation, and scientifically open-minded
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast-growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Centre of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is the 1st of August 2019.
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full-time employment.
- Full CV (including contact details).
- Contact details of two referees.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.