Deadline: 13 May. 2019
Location: RISE, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time physical presence
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE LTD is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck Institute, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
RISE LTD is seeking an Accounting Officer to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. He/she will keep up-to-date account records handling daily accounting and bookkeeping as part of the smooth-running of the Operations department.
RISE LTD is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Main duties and responsibilities
Desired qualifications & requirements
- Handle daily accounting and bookkeeping for the company including payroll
- Execute payments and bank transfers and conduct bank/creditors reconciliation
- Complete VAT returns
- Preparation of management accounts and reports for the Senior Management
- Review of business and accounting transactions
- Maintain electronic records
- Assist in the preparation of budget and financial forecasts as well as the publishing of financial statements on time
- Keep information confidential and secure ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Ideally educated to degree level in Accounting/Finance or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role is a must
- Prior experience in accounting software considered an advantage
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office products
- Fluent in English and Greek (written and spoken)
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Trustworthy and committed
- Self-motivated to achieve targets
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast-growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Center of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is the 13th of May 2019.
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full time employment.
- Full CV (including personal contact details).
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.