Deadline: 03 May. 2019
Location: RISE, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time Employment
Position: IT Officer
Category: Full-time employment
Location: Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Nicosia, Cyprus
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck Institute, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre is seeking an IT Officer to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. He/she will ensure the smooth-running of the office, working one-on-one with members of the Executive Team, as well as on a wider basis with internal and external stakeholders.
RISE is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Main responsibilities include:
Desired qualifications & requirements
- Manage information technology and computer systems supporting the Centre’s operations;
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate IT systems, policies and procedures;
- Ensure security of data, network access, storage and backup systems;
- Manage and oversee installation and maintenance of the Centre’s hardware and software;
- Propose recommendations to optimise the use of hardware and software resources;
- Manage the Centre’s IT services (e.g. user accounts, email system, storage, etc.);
- Provide solutions for Data Management of the Centre;
- Draft procurements for IT equipment and services;
- Provide technical support to the staff of the Centre.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- University degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in a position with similar responsibilities is a must;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will required.
- Dynamic, hands-on and results driven
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and under pressure
- High levels of commitment, energy and drive
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast-growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Center of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is the 3rd of May 2019.
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full time employment.
- Full CV (including personal contact details).
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the Senior HR Business Partner of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at email@example.com