Deadline: 03 May. 2019
Location: RISE, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time physical presence
Position: Innovation Communications Manager
Category: Full-time employment
Location: Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Nicosia, Cyprus
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre will conduct excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE will also engage in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre is seeking an Innovation Communications Manager to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals for full-time employment at the premises of the Centre in Nicosia, Cyprus.
The Innovation Communications Manager will produce a range of communications actions and material that support the delivery of projects and activities of the RISE Innovation team.
RISE is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Main responsibilities include:
Qualifications & Requirements
- Produce and circulate engaging writings promoting innovation at RISE;
- Work with external stakeholders to promote RISE’s innovation activities;
- Plan, co-ordinate and deliver events supporting research and innovation at RISE and its partners;
- Provide communications advice and guidance internally and externally to stakeholders;
- Maintain content for RISE website and effectively promote innovation via social media channels;
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of innovation communications and media;
- Plan and implement an innovation communications calendar that support RISE’s strategic vision;
- Devise innovative methods and channels of promoting RISE’s research portfolio to new potential innovation and corporate research partners.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree considered an advantage;
- Ability to communicate to multiple and varied stakeholders using multiple channels. A knowledge of engineering and scientific media and working with journalists is desirable;
- Ability to communicate technical content to non-technical audiences while ensuring important concepts are effectively translated;
- Ability to work unsupervised to deadlines, planning and setting priorities for own work and that of others and monitoring progress;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Team player and ready to play a role in various tasks
- Adaptability, strong attention to detail, good organization and planning skills
- Trustworthy and committed
- Self-motivated to achieve targets
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast-growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Center of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is the 3rd of May 2019.
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full time employment.
- Full CV (including personal contact details).
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the Senior HR Business Partner of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org