Deadline: 03 May. 2019
Location: RISE, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time physical presence
Position: HR Manager
Category: Full-time employment
Location: Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Nicosia, Cyprus
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck Institute, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre is seeking an HR Manager to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. He/she will ensure the smooth-running of the office, working one-on-one with members of the Executive Team, as well as on a wider basis with internal and external stakeholders.
RISE is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Main responsibilities include:
Desired qualifications & requirements
- Provide strategic and operational HR leadership for RISE and advise the Executive Team on any HR-related issues;
- Ensure proper implementation of the HR strategy and objectives; review and update the strategy as needed in line with company’s goals and targets; generate reports, conduct analysis, and provide insights;
- Responsible for the development and delivery of HR processes and systems;
- Support the people management functions that underpin the business, namely: employee relations; compensation and benefits; reward; recruitment; talent management; training and development; and performance management;
- Support and lead well-being, learning and development activities;
- Support and lead internal communication executions;
- Establish and maintain company benefits schemes.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- University Degree in Human Resources or a related field;
- Master’s degree will be considered an advantage;
- At least 4 years of experience in a fully-functional HR Generalist role;
- Practical knowledge in the areas of the employee life cycle;
- Demonstrated success in driving projects forward successfully to completion;
- Up to date on relevant Cyprus Law and Legislation;
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic, changing environment;
- Fluent in English and Greek (written and spoken);
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Team player and ready to play a role in various tasks
- Adaptability, strong attention to detail, good organization and planning skills
- Trustworthy and committed
- Self-motivated to achieve targets
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast-growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Center of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is the 3rd of May 2019.
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full time employment.
- Full CV (including personal contact details).
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the Senior HR Business Partner of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org