Deadline: 03 May. 2019
Location: RISE, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time physical presence
Position: Executive Assistant
Category: Full-time employment
Location: Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Nicosia, Cyprus
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck Institute, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre conducts excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE engages in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre is seeking an Executive Assistant to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. He/she will ensure the smooth-running of the office, working one-on-one with members of the Executive Team, as well as on a wider basis with internal and external stakeholders.
RISE is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Main responsibilities include:
Desired qualifications & requirements
- Assist the Executive team of the Centre on day to day activities including the coordination and management of scheduling meetings, conference calls and other scheduled tasks;
- Screen appropriately and professionally telephone calls, enquiries and requests;
- Manage incoming and outgoing communication directed to the Executive team, prepare correspondence/memorandums/agendas, take minutes and assist in ad-hoc projects;
- Provide timely and efficient assistance to the staff of the Centre;
- Make travel arrangements and detailed travel itineraries;
- Assist in the preparation of documents for review and presentation to board of directors, committees, and executives;
- Maintain the premises and ensure that all office equipment and facilities are in good working condition;
- Undertake general administrative duties as assigned;
Profile of the ideal candidate
- University degree/Diploma in Business Administration, Secretarial Studies or a related field;
- At least 3 years of proven experience in a position with similar responsibilities is a must;
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office);
- Very good knowledge of both English and Greek;
- Knowledge of Turkish will be considered an advantage;
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will required.
- Strong organisational skills with emphasis on multitasking
- Ability to take initiative and deliver results
- Excellent time management skills
- Dynamic, trustworthy and committed
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast-growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Center of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is the 3rd of May 2019.
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full time employment.
- Full CV (including personal contact details).
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the Senior HR Business Partner of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at email@example.com