Deadline: 03 May. 2019
Location: RISE, Nicosia, Cyprus
Type: Full-time physical presence
Position: Education and Training Manager
Category: Full-time employment
Location: Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Nicosia, Cyprus
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus.
The Centre will conduct excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE will also engage in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre is seeking an Education and Training Manager to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals for full-time employment at the premises of the Centre in Nicosia, Cyprus.
The Education and Training Manager will coordinate and manage the delivery of internal training programmes and external education and consultancy programmes and seminars.
RISE is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
Main responsibilities include:
Qualifications & Requirements
- Develop and manage internal training of innovation practices, focusing on the areas of: entrepreneurship, intellectual property (IP) management and protection, IP commercialisation, commercial opportunities, industrial innovation landscape, stakeholder management;
- The role will not necessarily be expected to deliver the above material but will manage its provision, including securing training providers (these may be internal or external);
- Explore innovative methods of technical, innovation and entrepreneurship training which utilise modern pedagogy concepts along with practices trailed at RISE partner universities;
- Identify opportunities for consultancy, executive education and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for external stakeholders based on the activities of RISE;
- Supporting the technical members of RISE to develop externally facing training courses and bespoke short courses that align with RISE’s technical specialisms;
- Undertake market research and canvas interest of partners, identifying company pain points along with external triggers, e.g. new government strategies, or industry trends, or technological advancements. This will inform opportunities for training or education to be delivered to companies.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree considered an advantage;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of appropriate and relevant work;
- Ability to work unsupervised to deadlines, planning and setting priorities for own work and that of others and monitoring progress;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Team player and ready to play a role in various tasks
- Adaptability, strong attention to detail, good organization and planning skills
- Trustworthy and committed
- Self-motivated to achieve targets
Take advantage of this opportunity for your professional and personal development by being a part of our fast-growing Research Technology Development and Innovation Center of Excellence. A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is the 3rd of May 2019.
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full time employment.
- Full CV (including personal contact details).
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the Senior HR Business Partner of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at email@example.com