RISE Ltd is a start-up with the ambition to become a world-class centre of research, development and innovation focusing on interactive media: based in Nicosia but relevant to the world.
While being a centre of research excellence, RISE will act as an integrator of academic research, industrial innovation and entrepreneurial endeavour delivering applications “in the wild” for prototype and commercial deployments. Commercially inspired needs (from multi-national organisations, Cypriot partners and entrepreneurs) will be matched with its internal and other Cypriot R&D capabilities to deliver a unique innovation capacity.
RISE will be based in the heart of Nicosia with labs and facilities equipped with key emerging technologies offering a platform for innovation and technology support in the middle of an emerging inclusive innovation and creativity ecosystem. With Nicosia at the crossroads between Europe Asia and Africa, RISE will encourage the application of new technologies and business models to a range of application areas where Cyprus can act as a remarkable test bed and 1st user preparing applications and services for global roll outs.
An autonomous company, RISE has been founded by the three public universities of Cyprus and the Municipality of Nicosia with two international partners, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics (Germany) and University College London (UK). These partners have created the launch platform for RISE with their major commitments of ongoing support and by having secured a Horizon 2020 grant which, with associated matched funding, represents €50 Million.
• Design and implement all strategies with the Executive team reporting to the Board of Directors (BoD)
• Manage the Company’s rapid growth from start-up t0 full scale operation
• Recruit Senior Executives and Management creating a clear leadership team culture
• Supervise and monitor RISE’s financial performance and provide regular updates to the BoD
• Lead the Executive’s annual budgeting process gaining approval from the BoD
• Work with existing external partners to ensure their ongoing support
• Create new collaborative partnership with incubators, accelerators, corporates and universities
• Represent RISE as required in Cyprus and abroad
• Keep abreast with the latest technological developments and promote innovation and research
• Lead, inspire and motivate employees
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned or delegated by the BoD
Profile of the ideal candidate
• At least 7 years of experience in a senior managerial role
• Ownership of Profit and Loss, financial and reporting responsibilities
• Experience in/exposure to University Research Laboratories
• Track record in delivering/supporting ICT deployments in innovation ecosystems
• Exposure to EU funding and reporting will be considered an advantage
• Ability to deliver rapid and entrepreneurial growth
• Strong leadership and managerial skills
• Ability to set a clear vision and translate it into operational deliverables
• Ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and build long-lasting relationships
• Dynamic with an ability to take initiatives
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer literate
• Fluency in English
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Apply now in strict confidence
Deadline: 29 April 2018
Call: H2020-WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017 (Teaming Phase 2)
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 739578
This project has received funding from the Government of the Republic of Cyprus through the Directorate General for the European Programmes, Coordination and Development.