25 October. 2019, 13:00, Julia House, Ground Floor, 3 Themistokli Dervi Street, Nicosia
RISE supporting Climathon 2019
RISE is proud to support the efforts of the Cyprus Energy Agency and the City of Nicosia in organizing Climathon 2019.
Registration is now open: bit.ly/30Jzmip
Join the event that will take place on October 25th and 26th, at Julia House (PwC Cyprus) in Nicosia, and solve the climate challenges of our city in a vibrant atmosphere with inspirational workshops and talks, together with like-minded people.
If you haven't heard about Climathon before, this is a year-round program with a powerful solutions-hackathon at its core, translating climate action solutions into tangible projects, supporting climate positive businesses and start-ups, and addressing local policy changes. As a result, Climathon is the largest climate action collective of its kind, uniting people in the thousands, and empowering a global wave of change-makers and innovators, to help humanity achieve zero emissions in 20 to 30 years.
If you have any ideas on how to create a sustainable future for all, and if you are passionate about improving the environment and people's well-being, the city of Nicosia needs you! The areas of ideas the municipality looks for this year, are:
1. Nature-based solutions for a resilient Nicosia
2. Sustainable Food systems in an urbanized Nicosia
3. Digital nudging as a pro-climate action enabler
The best ideas will get a chance:
1. To be hosted by RISE at their premises, for up to three months with supervision from RISE's MRG leaders
2. For free access to a seminar organised by the Cyprus Energy Agency (depending on the winners' interests and background)
3. To apply for the Climathon Global Awards and attend the ceremony in Paris!
What are you waiting for? Register to Climathon Nicosia 2019 and turn your vision for a sustainable Nicosia into a reality! For more information and your registration to the event, click here: bit.ly/30Jzmip